Come join our tour of Cape Town – a tour of heroes and villains, political violence and peaceful revolutions, drama and harmony and a great deal of personal insight in living and being a real Capetonian.
The tour is around one and a half hours long. The highlights usually are:
- St Georges Cathedral – hear about Desmond Tutu
- The Parliament and Presidents house – the land of many capitals
- The Old Strand and Old Mutual Building – African style architecture and where the beach used to be
- City Hall – where Mandela gave his world famous speech
- Green Market Square – “Africa made in China”
- The Parade and the Castle of Good Hope – an early pentagon
- District Six
- The Flower Market – meet South Africa’s National flower “in person”
- The Slave Lodge – where thousands of slaves were kept
- Company Gardens with probably the world’s oldest pear tree and the begging squirrels.
Meeting Point: GREEN MARKET SQUARE – on the corner of Burg Street and Shortmarket Street
Time of the Walk: 11:00 AM, 1.5 hours
Availability: 365 days a year
Languages spoken: English
Maximum People: 30
Approximate Cost: Tips appreciated! Our job is to give you the best, most informative and entertaining tour of Cape Town regardless of your budget. The concept is simple: We give you a great tour and at the end you decide how much it was worth to you.
Note: Our Hippisaurus may not be professional tour guides. They are your friendly neighbors who love to show their town to guests out of their own will.
This friendly tour is led by our Hippisaurus Manni, Paul, Rico, Stian who loves to share their passion and love for the city with travelers.
- Your booking is confirmed only after receiving confirmation email from Hippisaurus. Maximum person allowed is 30.